Workplaces are being majorly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Both employers and employees no doubt have many questions about their obligations and rights during this difficult and uncertain time.
Such questions you may have:
- What steps should be taken if an employee becomes infected with COVID-19?
- What directions should employers issue to their employees?
- What are an employer’s obligations to pay employees who are absent from work as a result of COVID-19 or who are self-isolating?
- Can an employer stand down their workforce without pay?
- Which businesses will qualify for the ‘JobKeeper’ scheme now announced by the Federal Government?
TVP Law can help you navigate this unchartered territory. In particular, we recommend you obtain specific legal advice in relation to ‘stand down’ provisions before they are implemented.